More pages in this section
Page last updated on 27-08-2021.
We are highly aware of our location in the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area and undertake a comprehensive range of monitoring programs to ensure we continue to protect the environmental values of Cleveland Bay and the surrounding areas.
The Port has been monitoring and recording environmental data for more than 20 years in Cleveland Bay. The information we collect is shared with environmental and educational organisations such as:
- Dry Tropics Partnership for Healthy Waters https://drytropicshealthywaters.org/
- James Cook University https://www.jcu.edu.au/
- Australian Institute of Marine Science https://www.aims.gov.au/
- Commonwealth Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment https://www.awe.gov.au/
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority http://www.gbrmpa.gov.au/
- Queensland Department of Environment and Science https://www.des.qld.gov.au/
- Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/
- National Environmental Science Programme Tropical Water Quality Hub https://nesptropical.edu.au/